SALT online accommodation service
Terms and Conditions
After hours emergency mobile number (+61) 407 010 121, please sms a detailed message and which property you are staying in and await a response.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF STAY
- By accepting this property by email, sms or phone you agree and will abide by the below terms and conditions of your stay. It is the guest’s responsibility to read all details before making the booking. To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
- Note: Variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner in writing, Salt Accommodation is a booking service only, all maintenance and cleaning are handled by the owner and or their cleaning contractor.
- When making a booking it is pending the owner’s approval, should the owner decline the booking your deposit will be refunded.
- THIS PROPERTY IS STRICTLY NON SMOKING INSIDE there is a minimum $300 charge if you smoke inside this property. Please dispose of all cigarette butts and do not throw into gardens or surrounds, cleaning up of butts will be deducted from the bond.
- Loud parties, groups, bux parties and events strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use quiet enjoyment only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments or claims made against you at VCAT. DISTURBANCE to THE neighbours, including EXCESSIVE NOISE IS PROHIBITED and may result in termination of rental (EVICTION) and loss of bond. You must keep all noise to a minimum as this property is located in a residential street. The Mornington Peninsula has very strict Local laws for holiday houses, they must be abided by, any fines issued to the property owner from the council will be deducted from the bond.
- PETS ARE STICTLY NOT PERMITTED AT THE PROPERTY AT ANY TIME Additional charges apply if you bring a pet without permission. For hygiene and allergy reasons we cannot allow pets for the comfort of future guests.
- By accepting this booking you agree and understand that you MUST LEAVE THE PROPERTY THE WAY YOU FOUND IT, this includes washing and putting away of dishes, empty dishwasher, emptying inside bins into correct council bins, putting the council bins out on bin night, and giving the property reasonable tidy up and clean before you vacate. If you leave the property in a mess or very dirty you will be charged (out of your bond) an additional $60 per hour for any additional (over and above) general cleaning or re-arrangement of furniture, search for missing remotes or keys. Any damage will be deducted from the bond. Only a standard departure clean is included in the tariff.
- Key safe location & code will be emailed to you the night before arrival, you must lock keys back into key safe at checkout charges apply if you lose the key/s, lock them inside or damage the key safe.
- Both the owner of the property and booking manager are not responsible for the accommodation chosen not “meeting the expectations” of the accommodation required. All reasonable attempts should be made by salt accommodation to ensure the property is advertised with a thorough description and lots of photos. There is no refund if you change your mind. If you have any concerns about the level of cleaning upon arrival or any damage or maintenance issues please report these immediately to us by photos and sms or email within 2 hours of arrival. Feel free to send photos as evidence and we will accommodate any reasonable requests immediately.
- The BOND REFUND is INSTRUCTED BY THE PROPERTY OWNER (salt accommodation are not accountable for bond refund decisions or outcomes) bond claims are only processed if the owner has provided photographic evidence, sworn statement and/or receipts to prove a valid claim, this is then assessed by salt and if deemed reasonable we will process the bond claim. The property owners/and or representative prepare and clean all their own properties and witness before and after each guest, after a guests departure, the property owner is required to advise on bond refund or claim within 30 days, if a bond claim is instructed by the property owner and disputed by the guest, the guest can write to the property address/owner directly stating their reasons of dispute. Salt accommodation is a booking agent only and do not handle bond disputes between the property owner and guest once a claim has been confirmed. To avoid a bond claim it is necessary for the guest to respect the booking terms, leave the property neat and tidy as you found it and exit on time, report any accidental damage before you vacate to avoid delays in repairs and getting the property ready for the next guest, if repairs or cleaning cause delays after your stay or future booking cancellations these costs or any rent loss to the owner are also deducted from the guests bond. Min $30 bond claim fee applies to the guest if a bond claim is made.
- BOND is due 7 days before check in. The bond will be refunded around 30 days from when the owner advises us the bond can be refunded after your departure, subject to the above conditions being met and all is left the way it was found, if a guest is charged out of their bond for damage or cleaning and there is a balance of the bond (if any) the refund may take longer than 30 days. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared etc. If you fail to pay your bond on time salt accommodation may resell the booking to another guest with no Refund of deposit.
- Off street parking is stipulated on your final confirmation. All other vehicles must park on the street. Please do not park on grassed areas or congest or block neighbours access.
- Deposit amount is non -refundable and is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 30 days prior to occupancy. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it with no refund of any previous deposits. (except schoolies deposits are due 60 days before arrival)
- Cancellation if caused by the guest is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period at the same rate. If a refund is made due to the property being re-let then a $100-$300 cancellation fee may apply (POA). Bookings through 3rd party websites have their own cancellation terms, please refer to the site for more information. SCHOOLIES BOOKINGS there is no refund if you cancel at any time unless the booking can be resold in full.
- The property owner will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to their property or cancel a booking due to unforeseen circumstances. If cancellation occurs from the property owner salt accommodation will provide a full refund and will endeavour to assist and try and relocate the booking to another salt accommodation listing (pending availability and similar pricing) salt accommodation cannot guarantee another property will be available, this is all subject to availability of other properties and acceptance by other individual property owners.
- Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Booking Approved Confirmation or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance. Min $50 per night per guest.
- Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the guest’s responsibility during their stay.
- Departure – the property must be left in the same state to its condition on arrival. Check in is 4pmduring peak times or 2pm unless prior approval is made for an earlier check-in. Check-out time is 10-11am depending on back to back bookings, this will be confirmed on your booking details, to allow time to prepare property for the next guests. Alternate check in or out times must be approved before commencement of booking.
- The owner or manager is permitted to enter/inspect the property with prior notification, if they suspect that the property is not being used for its intended purpose or for emergency maintenance. If they find that the property is not being looked after, the owner may request that guests be evicted. No refund will be given for unused rent or early eviction
- If you occupy the property during the week you must put rubbish bins out on the front nature strip for council collection as per instructions at the property. Please do not mix waste and recycling or leave excess rubbish behind that does not fit in bins provided, charges will be incurred to you for excess rubbish removal. Min $50
- If trades people or service technicians need to be called out for an appliance malfunction or breakdown and it is determined that guest operator error or failure to follow instructions is the reason for the malfunction, guests will be required to pay the bill for the service call & repairs. We strongly encourage all guests to read provided manuals and booklets in welcome book or contact SALT OR THE OWNER if you need assistance during your stay.
- Guests will indemnify the owner or manager of the property against all liability, which might otherwise attach to the owner of the property as a result of injury, damage or loss (personal and proprietary suffered by any person, where such injury, damage or loss has been caused by or contributed to by any act or omission of the guest/s or visitors). These conditions are an agreement between the parties. Any infringement permits the owner of the property to refuse a key, amend the rental or immediately terminate the tenancy.
- The owner of the property shall make sure that the property is in a clean and tidy condition on the day of their guests’ arrival at the property. If you find this is not the case, please contact SALT immediately by sms on the number provided above. We will contact the property owner to rectify the problem as soon as possible. However, please be advised, SALT Accommodation is not responsible in any way for the property and are contracted as a booking agent by the owner to rent their property. Should the property not be fit for occupation, you must contact us within 2 hours of arrival.
- Please ensure you bring any linen required as per advertisement and your final confirmation as some properties do not include linen and/or towels.
- Loss – the owner takes no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property. Guests should have their own travel insurance for personal belongings and medical cover.
- There is a minimum $100 call out fee (deducted from the bond) if we must attend to the property for noise, nuisance or any concerns complaints about your occupancy at the property.
- Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
Thank you for booking with SALT online accommodation service, we hope you enjoy your stay!